HISTORY OF THE FIREHOUSE THEATRE
In 2011, a community group with a strong desire to promote and support theatre arts met together and founded The Farmers Branch Community Theatre. The founding committee began searching for possible performance venues and identified historic Fire Station #1 as the ideal location.
Built in 1958 (see photo of plaque to left), the facility served the city for over 50 years, but by 2011 larger fire and medical equipment, combined with new procedures and technology, overwhelmed the structure and lot size.
In 2012, Fire Station #1 was relocated to a new, larger, state-of-the art facility to continue protecting and serving the citizens of Farmers Branch. Working in partnership, the City of Farmers Branch entered into a multi-year agreement with The Farmers Branch Community Theatre, dba The Firehouse Theatre, for management and use of the city-owned property.
EXTERIOR OF FIREHOUSE: 2011 - PRESENT
BUILDING TRANSFORMATION: PHASE 2 - FALL 2014
BUILDING TRANSFORMATION: PHASE 2 - FALL/WINTER 2015
BUILDING TRANSFORMATION: PHASE 2 - WINTER 2015
BUILDING TRANSFORMATION: PHASE 2 - SPRING 2016